Rules of Participation
Please read all rules before submitting your video entry.
Who can participate in the Beyond These Walls Video Contest?
Any member health center or consortia, in good standing of the California Primary Care Association is eligible to participate.
When do I submit my video entry?
- Submission of videos will begin at 12:00 PM PST on Wednesday, January 2, 2019. All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM PST on Friday, August 30, 2019.
- Please see below for the full contest timeline.
|Video Submissions||Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:00 PM PST||Friday, August 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST|
|First Round of Voting||Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:00 PM PST||Friday, September 13, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST|
|Finalists Announced||Monday, September 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM PST|
|Voting on Finalists||Monday, September 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM PST||Monday, September 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST|
|Winners Announced||Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM PST|
What format should I use for my video?
- Videos must be submitted with a YouTube or Vimeo streaming link via the online submission form.
- Videos taken via smartphones are accepted and encouraged!
- Eligible videos must be between 00:30 seconds and 3 minutes long. Videos that are longer than 3 minutes will be disqualified.
- Videos may not contain any copyrighted element including music, videos, or photographs. Be sure that you have obtained all necessary legal rights for the content of your video.
Is there anything else I need to do to participate?
You must collect release forms for individuals featured in your videos and verify that you have done so on the submission form. If you do not collect the proper release forms, your submission will not be reviewed. Release forms may be collected from all finalists – submissions that fail to provide release forms are subject to disqualification. Click here to view a sample release form.
How are the winners chosen?
- Contest finalists will be determined by popular vote, with the first round of voting closing on Friday, September 13, 2019 at 12:00PM PT.
- Grand Prize Winners will be determined by popular vote from the Top 5 Finalists, with the voting for Grand Prize Winners closing on Monday, September 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
- If a participating health center submits more than 1 video, only 1 video is eligible to compete in the finalist voting round.
- In the event two or more videos receive an equal number of votes at the conclusion of the voting period, CPCA will make the final determination of contest winners at its discretion.
- CPCA reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason including profanity, nudity, or other content it deems inappropriate.
What is the voting process?
The video finalists and Grand Prize Winners will be chosen by popular vote. Here are the rules for voting:
- You can vote for yourself.
- You may not vote more than once per day.
- You must vote by clicking the “Vote” button next to each video.
- Voting to select the finalists ends Friday, September 13, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Voting to select the Grand Prize Winners begins Monday, September 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM (Pacific Time) and ends Monday, September 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
- Winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM (Pacific Time).
What are the contest prizes?
- The first place Grand Prize Winner will receive $5,000 in Marketing Services from Uptown Studios!
- The second place Grand Prize Winner will receive One (1) free registration to each of CPCA’s 2020 Conferences – Valued at over $2,500!
- The third place Grand Prize Winner will receive a GoPro equipment package valued at $1,000!
Do you have any tips for creating a winning video?
- Highlight the work your health center does through the lens of Impact, Innovation, Access and/or Value! As part of CPCA’s 25th Anniversary year celebration, we will be highlighting the work of health centers through the quarterly themes of impact, innovation, access, and value. Take a video incorporating one or more of these themes to showcase the work of your health center!
- Feature your health center network. Highlight the hard work of your health center’s staff, volunteers, and providers. Let your health center family help tell the story of your video!
- Take the time to create a story! Plan your video ahead of time and think about what makes your health center special, unique, and important to you and your community. Think about including messages and stories told by your patients, Board, staff and community supporters.
- Make sure to frame your videos well. Are you including an interview? Try to keep your interviewee in the video frame on one of the sides and capture the video of your interviewee from the shoulders up.
- Use a tripod! Tripods are the key to success when it comes to capturing steady video footage. Recording your video on your smartphone? Think about investing in a cell phone tripod! They are affordable – many are available for less than $20 – and a great investment to further your health centers video work!
- Prioritize audio quality as high as video quality. If you are incorporating any interviews, make sure your interviewee is speaking clearly and in a space with minimal background noise. Consider running audio checks to ensure quality audio recordings.
- Keep it short! While we are limiting the length for a video submission to 3 minutes, the average length of time a video will capture a person’s attention is 2 minutes, so we recommend keeping your video short and sweet!
- Add music to your video. Overlay some music that matches the tone and message of your video for some added creativity. Looking for music to use without worrying about copyright issues? YouTube has a library of royalty free music and sound effects for download.
- Are you stuck on where to begin? The CPCA Video Team is here help you accomplish your video goals and available for some basic assistance with planning your video. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com
- 1st Place Prize$5,000 in marketing services from Uptown Studios
- 2nd Place PrizeOne (1) free registration to each of CPCA’s 2020 Conferences – valued at over $2,500
- 3rd Place PrizeGoPro equipment package valued at $1,000
Video Submission Finalists
Posted by Petaluma and Rohnert Park Health Centers
We've been serving our community for 25 years. Sometimes it was hard but we did it with joy, kindness and laughter. We...